Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #1

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This is my very first Waiting on Wednesday post! This week I am featuring a book that I read about on the Savvy Reader.

Title: Debutantes
Author: Cora Harrison
Release Date: August 2, 2012

It's 1923 and London is a whirl of jazz, dancing and parties. Violet, Daisy, Poppy and Rose Derrington are desperate to be part of it, but stuck in an enormous crumbling house in the country, with no money and no fashionable dresses, the excitement seems a lifetime away. Luckily the girls each have a plan for escaping their humdrum country life: Rose wants to be a novelist, Poppy a jazz musician and Daisy a famous film director. Violet, however, has only one ambition: to become the perfect Debutante, so that she can go to London and catch the eye of Prince George, the most eligible bachelor in the country. But a house as big and old as Beech Grove Manor hides many secrets, and Daisy is about to uncover one so huge it could ruin all their plans - ruin everything - forever.

This book looks so decadent! I love the cover art. I am really interested in early 20th century history and have recently become obsessed with the show Downton Abbey. This book is right up my alley and I cannot wait until it comes out!


8 comments:

  1. The cover is gorgeous and the mystery of the house holds sounds intriguing.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Tanya! I'll be sure to check out your blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there :) just popping in... This is the second time I've saw this book up, sounds great!

    I'm also your newest follower :) Here is my choice...

    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like an amazing read and the cover is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it.
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on another blogger's update a few days ago and has been crushing over it! Just look at that cover! PS New follower here :D

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous cover! definitely gonna add it to my TBR pile.

    your newest follower,
    Kristin
    youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comment! Love your blog - gorgeous pictures! Am now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't WAIT for this one- it looks fantastic! As soon as I saw HarperCollins CAnada/Savvy Reader talking about it, I knew I had to pick this one up when I got the chance :)

    Brenna from Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete